Software Engineer Core platform
We're looking for jack of all trades backend engineers, who can build snappy and scalable APIs. Some of the stuff we work on:
- Integrate with many social networks APIs, crawl, parse, enrich, index.
- Develop cutting edge algorithms to optimize retrieval, geolocation, clustering of profiles, etc...
- Code any backend API to support our UIs.
- Devops like work; provision machines and microservices infrastructure. Constantly improve our stack (caching, tracing, load-balancing etc).
Some tools we use (past experience with those is not mandatory, but the ability/willingness to learn):
- Modern C++, Java
- Apache Spark JAVA
- Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Hibernate.
- GRPC, Protobuf
We believe small teams can achieve big things! We're politics free and we'll give you real ownership of what you work on. In addition Lefty is a tremendous environment to learn and perfect your skills: we do code reviews and mentoring, and you will get to work with many different technologies. We open source some of our stuff at https://github.com/leftyio
Burger Thursdays: the team gets together every thursday to eat the best burgers in the world. Veggie options available.
The administrative stuff
This position is available for full time employees as well as long term internships.
- We expect to offer 40-60k depending on profile.
- Our offices are located in the very center in Paris.
- Outstanding remote candidates will be considered as well.
We currently don't have the infrastructure in place to sponsor work visas (EU is fine).
Please send your resume along with anything relevant (github links etc) to email@example.com, CC firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft docs will be discarded :)